Hey, hey! It’s my birthday! There are some new faces here that have joined me since blogmas, and somehow, in my post-blogmas hiatus. What better day for me to introduce myself than my birthday? If you’re new around here, hi, hello. I appreciate you, and your reading this post is literally part of making my dreams come true. If you want to know 31 more things about the ridiculous person manning the keyboard on this blog, read on!
- My name is Leigh Ann, and I’m from a little town called Hurricane, West Virginia. I think WV is the prettiest place on earth, and growing up there shaped a lot of who I am, waving at a stranger who lets me out in traffic and all.
- I’m not just more of a cat person. I am only a cat person. Of course, I think dogs are cute, but I absolutely shut down when I’m around dogs. Big dogs, small dogs, invisible dogs… I do not discriminate, I. Am. Scared.
- Speaking of being a cat person, I have a precious little cat named Chuck. She’s named after Charlie Brown, and she’s an absolute ray of sunshine in my life.
- I really am such a fan of my parents. I think we all grow more understanding and fond of our parents as we get older, but I can’t really think of any time that I didn’t consider them my best friends.
- I’ve been married for about 5 years, and I’d love to squash the negative stigma that we millennials have inadvertently placed on marriage. From firsthand experience, I can tell you that if maintaining your personal identity is important to you, then you’ll have that. I married the right person for me, and I feel freer to be myself than ever. So yeah, marriage isn’t for everyone, but can we stop crapping on married people? Thanks!
- My dream job is definitely to be writing in some capacity. Mindy Kaling is an absolute legend and I’m just out here trying to be more like her.
- I basically cannot drive, lol. I can get to work and the grocery store, but outside of that, I am directionally and emotionally challenged behind the wheel. You think I’m scared of dogs? Just wait until you get me on a 4+ lane interstate where I’m more likely to throw it into park over getting to my destination.
- I’m a total worrier. I worry about me. I worry about you. I worry about everything. I legitimately remember being 16 years old and sternly telling my friends, “Let me know when you get there, okay?”
- I’m a The Bachelor franchise fanatic, and I cohost a recap on one of my best friend’s youtube channels. Crystal and The Bachelor are my Monday motivation.
- I don’t think I want to be a mom. I used to feel ashamed of that, but now I realize that doesn’t make me any less a good person, friend, or daughter. And soon to be aunt!!!
- I am incredibly sensitive. I hate being angry with people and I basically cannot function if people are angry with me.
- Falling asleep is the toughest part of my daily life and has been so for as long as I can remember. If you think of me as your sleepy friend, you’re not wrong.
- To me, the most endearing quality in a person is their sense of humor. You don’t have to be the most intelligent, successful, wealthy, whatever. If you can get me laughing, you have my heart.
- I’m obsessed with tv. I think any successful series is so cleverly relevant that you can learn a lot about reality from it.
- I caught Bieber fever many years ago, and I don’t think it will ever go away.
- I used to be probably the least successful member of a very successful dance company, and I’m so grateful for the relationships and discipline that a dance background has given me.
- I love fashion and shopping but am not particularly keen on being fashionable?
- I’m still besties with all of my besties dating back to like 11 years old. Happy 20th friendiversary to us!
- I have a passion for art that I kind of forgot about after college. Lately, I’ve taken on some projects for friends and that’s been really invigorating!
- I love my coworkers. An office family is totally a real thing.
- I have four names, and they all are typically first names. In the workplace, I am rarely addressed by any correct combination of names via email from coworkers who don’t know me. This absolutely enrages @thedailybaileyblog and cracks me up.
- In fact, I’m basically never addressed by my name. It happens so infrequently that I get an I’m in trouble pit in my stomach when I hear it. I’m more commonly LA, Lilly, Angy, Lennie, or Girl.
- I’m not a “no regrets” type of person, but I do usually find a lot of valuable learning in my failures. And I do have regrets, haha.
- I definitely place more value in liking my job than the money I make at one.
- With many close seconds, Friends is the best television show of all time in my opinion.
- I find politics exhausting, but I’m doing my best to learn a lot more about where I stand on important issues. Because guess what? It’s true. Our opinions and our vote truly matter.
- If adult superlatives were a thing, I’d be voted, “Most likely to skip a day’s worth of meals accidentally while watching Netflix.”
- Having close friends with little ones has absolutely changed my mindset on babies. You don’t have to want to be a mom to be head over heels in love with a tiny human. My friends and family have little beebs that I would swim oceans for. I think aunt might just be my favorite title ever.
- I hit the in-law jackpot. They make me feel like I’m one of their own and the love is mutual.
- I’m not the biggest on celebrating birthdays, and never have been. I’ve had the best day eating junk food and sitting around on the couch today with Chuck and Kyle. 29 is off to a great start.
- Lol. Or 29 + 2, but age is just a number.
Learned what a listicle is on The Bold Type today, so hope you love a listicle as much as I do! Give me three fun facts about you in the comments?
xoxo 31, flirty fun, and thriving
Leave a Reply to Sheryl Cancel reply