Hi! TGIF! And for me, TGIACV, as in thank goodness it’s almost Christmas vacation! Crystal (who’s also doing Vlogmas) suggested this cute idea, and I’m running with it! Here are 20 things that got me through 2020:
20. Kroger Clicklist, Target Drive-Up, all those things. Basically, I was using Kroger’s pick-up well before we found ourselves in the grips of a global pandemic, but I hate the grocery store, and I’ve been like twice in the past year, so life is good on that front.
19. TikTok. I almost feel like this deserves a whole sublist of other things that got me through 2020, but long story short, I hope everyone keeps dancing, cooking, and life-hacking; I will be here watching.
18. Dear Netflix, we had been dating steadily for a few years before Corona hit, but now we’re blissfully married. Never leave me!
17. Birch Benders pancakes, because they’re delicious, vegan, and about the only “meal” I can successfully churn out.
16. A handful of good cries. Crying is super cathartic, sometimes I start crying because of a sappy commercial, and end up crying for the rest of the day because, who knows why? Crying is good for my soul.
15. Long walks and Subaru counting. You count sheep? I count Subarus. It sounds (and is) weird, but basically when I head outside for a walk, I don’t let myself come home until I’ve found 10 Subarus.
14. Work. From. Home. Why has this not always been an option? Seriously?
13. Speaking of home, my literal house is so cozy and perfect. It’s insane how little time we spent awake in our house before WFH life started.
12. My Favorite Murder and Gilmore Guys because all four of the respective podcast hosts give me peace, giggles, and frankly, in the case of Karen and Georgia, a healthy dose of fear as well.
11. Omaha Steaks. Guys, I’m sorry! I want to not love steak, but I also am like allergic to everything and, come on! They’re steaks that get delivered to your door!
10. Phone soap, for obvious reasons. I’m sure this doesn’t do near the work of a clorox wipe, but it’s an added layer of peace of mind when it comes to slippery germ bricks, aka: cell phones. Name that show that refers to cell phones as slippery germ bricks and we’ll be best friends!
9. Community. Yes, this falls under the Netflix category, but it lives in my head and heart rent free, so it’s getting its own spot.
8. Spotify, because it’s the easiest way for me to listen to The Band Camino, and apparently The Band Camino only according to my Spotify wrapped for the past two years. What can I say? I’m comforted by what I know.
7. My job! I mean I’m grateful to have a job always, but oftentimes, my coworkers are the only people I “see” outside of Kyle, so at this point they’re feeling like my closest pals!
6. FaceTime. I used to be so anti-FaceTime/Skype/Zoom/whatever else, and will resume that attitude the moment the pandemic is over, but I’m newly grateful for technology that’s made it possible to see my family and friends this past year.
5. Tuesdays with Crystal. I have always looked forward to recapping The Bachelorette, but it’s doubly fun now that I’m basically hanging out with one of my best friends every week! 400 miles apart, be damned! The internet wins this time!
4. Leetle tiny Chuckster! How did we ever go 50 hours a week away from our pets? That just doesn’t seem right.
3. Family and friends who are supportive and loving through what’s been a really tough year for everyone.
2. Kyle, who after spending 24/7/365 with me is most certainly annoyed, but doesn’t show it too often.
1. This life.
xoxo let it snow