Today’s Blogoween fun is in the form of a little Halloween tag! Thanks so much to Mind Beauty Simplicity for sharing. You can read all of her spooky answers here! Also, be sure to check out the rest of her Blogtober content; I’ve been loving it! I’m going to follow suit and say, if you’re reading this, TAG, you’re it! (I’m looking at you, Crystal.)
1. Favorite horror or Halloween song?
Duh, “Thriller” by Michael Jackson. Fun fact, when I was in middle school my dance school did a huge “Thriller” production, and we all had our own coffins that we exited at the beginning of the song and retreated back to at the end. I’m pretty sure I still have insulation splinters, but it’s a cool story to tell!
2. Name something you wouldn’t want to run into in a dark forest or in an abandoned building.
100% the giant spiders from HP. Or a Demogorgon. Nope and nope.
3. Have you ever played with a Ouija Board?
I have… read an exaggerated version of that tale here.
4. Favourite horror monster or villain?
Frankenstein, specifically from Young Frankenstein. (Mel Brooks, I love you!)
5. The creepiest thing that’s ever happened while you were alone?
Hmm, I have a lot of spooky experiences that I’ve shared with other people, but not so many alone, thank goodness. A few years ago, I was out for a walk and I’m 99% sure I was being followed by someone in a car. Fortunately, I was in my own neighborhood, so I called Kyle and got my sprint on.
6. If you were dared to spend the night in a “haunted house”, would you do it?
Not alone, but if I could convince Kyle or a friend and pack some Zzzquil for the night, sure. I grew up in old houses, so I’m sure I’ve already spent many nights in a haunted house or two.
7. Are you superstitious?
A little, yeah. I’ll do anything to keep Chuck (my cat) from seeing herself in the mirror. I also frequently knock on wood.
8. Do you ever see figures in your peripheral vision?
Yup. Worse if I’ve been watching something scary. I also have terrible vision, so I write this off as a sight issue and not a ghoul one.
9. Which urban legend scares you the most?
The one where the scary phone call is traced by the police and they discover it’s coming from inside of the house… YIKES.
10. Do you prefer gore or thrillers?
Thrillers for sure. Gore doesn’t scare me too badly, but it absolutely grosses me out.
11. Do you believe in multiple dimensions or worlds?
I mean, I enjoy the concept of the upside down, and I don’t think we’re the only life forms, but dimensions? I don’t think so.
12. Ever made a potion of any sort?
Not outside of the whole teatox trend. And yes, I am embarrassed that I tried that.
13. Do you get scared easily?
Is grass green? Yes.
14. Have you ever played Bloody Mary?
Yup, and Light As a Feather, Stiff As a Board. Because of Bloody Mary, I refuse, to this day to be in the dark in a room with a mirror. And because of Light As a Feather, Stiff As a Board, I know that a group of 10 year old girls are scarily strong, haha.
15. Do you believe in demons/the devil?
Yeah. As a note, movies about that stuff scare me most.
16. You’re home alone but you hear footsteps in your house, what do you do?
Grab the cat and run like hell to a neighbor’s house.
17. If you got trapped in one scary movie, which would you choose?
I think Hocus Pocus because that town loves Halloween, and I could use a bit more camaraderie on that front. Or Casper, because how cool would it be to live in a castle with ghosts who are your friends?!
18. If you could only wear one halloween costume for the rest of your life, what would you be?
Taylor. Any Era.
19. Would you ever go to a graveyard at night?
Not by choice. I’ve seen Now and Then.
20. In a zombie apocalypse what is your weapon of choice?
Special effects makeup. If you can’t beat them, join them, am I right?
21. Would you rather go to a Halloween party or go trick or treating?
Halloween party for sure! It’s all about the costumes for me. A couple of my childhood friends threw an awesome Halloween party every year when we were growing up, and it was so much fun!
22. You’re in a horror movie. Are you the final girl, the first to die, the comic relief, the skeptic, the smart one, or the killer?
I’m the skeptical comic relief. And probably the first to go. This film is on a tight budget.
23. Do you have to watch something happy after watching a horror movie so you can go to sleep?
Yes, 100%. Last year, after The Haunting of Bly Manor, it was Friends. More recently, it’s been The Big Bang Theory.
24. Whilst watching scary movies, are you the person who yells at the characters, the person with their eyes covered the whole time, or the person who falls asleep?
Let me make this clear, I’m never asleep, lol. I’m yelling with my hands over my eyes. “Why would you go into the basement?!”
25. Are you the one who gets scared, or the one who does the scaring?
100% always the one who gets scared.
26. Favorite scary book?
I’m currently reading a spooky book, not scary. I’m sorry to tell you that HP and the Twilight saga are the closest I’ve been to scary books. I’m a wimp.
27. How old were you when you saw your first horror movie?
I’m sure way, way too young, but the first I can remember is watching The Amityville Horror and IT in my best friend’s basement when I was nine… and then being afraid to set foot into a bathroom for three weeks. By the way, these are original versions and they are terrifying.
28. What was your first Halloween costume?
I have no idea, but here I am around age four as a ballerina with my sweet lil cousin (@poppyartswv).
29. What are you going to be for Halloween this year?
Wouldn’t you like to know. Jk, you will know in a few days.
30. If you could have a spooky halloween pet (black cat, owl, bat, rat, wolf), what would you pick?
I already have a lil Halloween Chuck.