Oh my gosh, Christmas is just over a week away, and per the freaking usual, I’ve gone from ahead of schedule to I need 48 hour long days. Is this universal? I certainly hope so. Anyway, I was awake for most of the night (what else is new?), and I was making a little list in my head of things I’d love to accomplish before the big day. Here goes!
- I have three more Christmas cards I need to run through the Cricut. “Wow, that’s awfully late,” you might be thinking, and I agree, but seeing as I just ordered the cards last Tuesday, we’re in a much better spot than I thought we’d be. And there’s always those three people, you know, the ones who move a lot and/or don’t answer their text messages, lol. Life is busy though, I get it!
- Speaking of Christmas cards, I am determined to create an updated spreadsheet of addresses. We’re currently working with a chaotic combination of screenshots, iPhone contact info, various notebooks, and worst of all, Kyle’s beyond ancient MacBook. It also occurred to me as I was sitting in the floor typing addresses into the Cricut program over and over, that if I formatted them as three lines in Excel, I could just paste them into the program. Think smarter, not harder, my friends.
- I need to get a booster shot! I’ve been putting it off for several weeks, mostly because I haven’t felt too great myself, but now that I’m feeling better, it’s time! I’m not going to get too preachy here, but Covid is real (with very heartbreaking consequences), and vaccines save lives. Anyway, it’s on my list and my goal is no later than Wednesday of next week!
- I have approximately 23 classic Christmas movies I’d love to watch by Christmas Eve, so may the odds be ever in my favor. I’ve enjoyed watching some new streaming Christmas Movies (Netflix pt. 1 here, Netflix pt. 2 coming soon!), but there is just nothing like sitting down for a daylong binge of the classics. I’m talking Christmas Vacation, The Santa Clause, Elf, Home Alone (1 and 2 ONLY), Love Actually, The Family Stone… I could go on and on.
- I know all two of you reading this are wondering where my singular annual Christmas “baking” VLOG is, and I’m here to tell you that I accidentally didn’t plan one. BUT, Kyle sent me an incredibly intriguing recipe for a dairy free Oreo cheesecake, and the goal is to make it this weekend and share the video sometime next week. Wish my poor camera man luck. And yes, if this actually happens, it’ll be the usual format: I have no idea what I’m doing and the audience is confused as a result. You’re welcome.
- Sleep. So much sleep. I have never in my life been this run down, college years included. I started to type up a post about some things I’m currently struggling with, but I feel like it needs a little more time, aka: I need more than a little more courage to post it. Most urgent issue though, I’m not getting enough sleep, at all, and I’m looking forward to catching up on some of that with my time off.
- Last, but most certainly not least, I’m hoping to have Blogmas posts ticked and tied by the end of this weekend, so I can unplug and fully enjoy the week of Christmas. I have loved sharing all this festive content, but Blogmas got me so elfing tired.
If you’re too, in a race to the Christmas finish line, I wish you the best of luck! My first and only piece of advice is that your starting point should look at little more ambitious than mine (clearly not a highlight reel photo, but a highlight real instead):
xoxo Leigh Ann and my Editor in Chief, Chuck