Hello from the sunny beaches (pools, I hate sand) of Florida! We’ve been here since late Wednesday night and honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever had a more well-deserved vacation.
I’m literally poolside right now, listening to palm fronds sway in the wind 🌴, (so sorry to rub it in :D) and I thought there’s no better time than the present to make known some of my warm weather favorites.
Disclaimer: The beauty products mentioned are a mix of cruelty free and sadly, not. Cruelty free is an ever developing mission for me!
1. Disney’s Moana! Vacation has afforded us some time to really relax in the evenings and catch up on a few new releases. If you’re looking for a lighthearted pick me up that highlights girl power and teamwork, this is for you! Adults and kids alike can jump on board with this. Plus, the music is 👌.
2. Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer. I’ve been using the light shade for a few months and I’m obsessed with the formula, but even crazier about the coconut scent 😍. Before we took off to paradise, I picked up the regular bronze shade to suit a hopeful tan. I wouldn’t recommend the light shade unless you’re very fair!
3. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind. Until about two months ago, I thought color correction was bullshit. I would scroll through Facebook and cringe every time I saw a beauty guru painting her face in pastel colors before foundation. (Actually, I still cringe. That’s too much for daily wear, but I digress….) After discovering this product in the brightening shade, I am sold on color correction. The product is pink and slightly iridescent and completely makes my purple/blue under eye circles disappear. I recently decided to dab some of it over acne scars before foundation, and it does wonders for that too!
4. Boyfriend shorts. I have definitely reached the age and declining confidence level, haha, that has me pretty uncomfortable to leave the house with shorts on at all. But, as spring quickly bakes into summer, shorts are a necessity. I’m really digging the looser, longer fit of boyfriend shorts. They’re still cute and flirty, but leave a lot more to the imagination than the shorts of my youth lol. I’m really digging these button fly cutoffs from A&F.
5. Thirdlove bras. With spring here and summer right around the corner, it’s time to hang up all the thick flannel and cardigans, and swap them for thin and lightweight tees and tanks. Unfortunately, this means my bulky clothing can no longer hide an ill-fitting bra. I’d heard about Thirdlove on several podcasts I listen to, and finally took the plunge into the “Try Before You Buy” program. I received the bra in about six days and there is no turning back for me. It’s comfortable and supportive, and I don’t foresee any of the rolling cup issues that are inevitable with all Pink bras. In my opinion, this bra was a bit pricey, but I discovered that some are also sold on Target’s website for nearly half the price!
I’m looking forward to so much sunshine!
Leave a Reply