It just occurred to me that I’ve been blogging for nearly two years. What started as something that just a few friends would read, has turned into something that like eight other people read, (lol, SOS, other stuff) and I’ve never properly introduced myself. So yeah, hello eight new friends, buckle in and get to know me!
- Are you named after anyone? Yes, kind of. My mom was/is obsessed with Gone With The Wind. Her original plan was to name me Tara, but when my dad shot down naming me after anyone in the movie, she snuck it by him and got Leigh in there. She won’t own up to this, but I know she did that because Scarlett O’Hara is played by the actress Vivien Leigh.
- Are you married? Yes! I got married just over three years ago to my polar opposite. He is analytical and stern, and I’m kind of go with the flow and not too serious. It’s a good pairing.
- Do you have kids? Just a fur kid. Kids are a huge responsibility that we don’t really feel equipped to take on.
- How old are you? For now, I’m 28. And in March… I think I’ll have my last birthday celebration this year. Bleh!
- What’s the first thing you notice about people? I mean, obviously the first thing you notice about people is going to be physical, and I’d say mine is probably eyes. I’m one of those weirdos who can tell you the eye color of most of my friends and coworkers, haha.
- What is your eye color? Yo, I copy/pasted these questions, so that is weird. Mine are green.
- What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home? I studied abroad in Italy, and that is definitely the furthest I’ve been from home by a long shot.
- Do you have any special talents? Mostly useless ones. When you stumble across some board game that has a category for spelling words backward, I’m your girl.
- Where were you born? Born and raised in beautiful West Virginia.
- What are your hobbies? This blog is a bit of a hobby. I occasionally like to run. I don’t draw and paint too often these days, (hi, college degree, how useful you’ve been!) but it is a stress reliever for me.
- Do you have any pets? Yasssssss. Chuck girl, and she is literally my sunshine. She’s three years old and just the cutest kitty babe ever.
- Do you have any siblings? I don’t. Maybe that’s a story for later, maybe it’s not. I was really happy to gain two sibling-in-laws, though 🙂
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A full time blogger maybe? I don’t know yet, but definitely something that makes me happy.
- Who was your first best friend? My first best friend was named Marykate. She was allowed to wear dresses everyday, and so I forced my mom to put me in a dress everyday. Maybe this is what led to me not wanting to dress up, ever.
- How tall are you? This always shocks people because I’m like weirdly lanky, but I’m a whopping 5’1”.
- What’s your fashion sense like? I uh… don’t really have one? I like to be comfortable. I don’t necessarily mean physically comfortable, I just mean I like whatever I’m wearing to make me like… emotionally comfortable. I’m a huge fan of jeans and tees. Also sandals.
- What is your job like? I work in corporate retail, sending out product. I’ve wanted to do corporate retail since I was 18 years old. I someday hope to be doing something that benefits others in a meaningful way, but for now, it feels nice living out that dream I had so long ago.
- What is your favorite color? Yellow!!! Which is quite tragic because with all this blonde hair and pale skin, yellow is not a good look for me.
- Cats or dogs? Cats only, fam. I’m sorry! This always hugely disappoints people. I’m human, and of course I think dogs are cute. But, I have been scared of them for as long as I can remember and that fear was amplified when I got ‘vampired’ by one of my favorite pups in the fifth grade. Sorry ‘bout it 😦
- Any bad habits? Sheesh. I think a list of good habits would be shorter. Notably, I constantly pick at my face and cuticles and then complain about my face and cuticles looking gross. Old year, old me? Lol.
- Anything else worth knowing? Well, sure. My favorite tv genre is comedy. I think a sense of humor is what I’m most attracted to in people. I’m obsessed with my parents and West Virginia. The rest, you’ll learn along the way.
On deck, I tag Crystal, coming to a Vlogmas soon!
xoxo (Vivien) Leigh Ann