Hi! Welcome to my second (apparently annual) Blogmas! Last year this was incredibly stressful, but also super fun, and even though I had decided against it this year, I let @shutupcrystal talk me into another joint venture into holiday fun! And, you know what? That’s actually really okay, because collaborating with her has been my most favorite part of this blog for the past year! She’s doing Vlogmas here, so do not miss out!
So, what can you expect? Well, the gang’s all here, favorites, beauty, fashion, music, food, life, some guest writers (thank you, thank you, thank you, friends!). I hope you’ll stick with me for the next 25 days of back to back festive content, and I hope to interact with some new friends too!
Up first, November favorites! November was full of so much fun, and so many favorites! I’m soaking up all of this magical time of year before winter sets in. There are quite a few things I’m loving, but I’ve narrowed it down to the creme de la creme!
- Glossier Super Bounce – You guessed it! I’m still struggling with incredibly dry skin. I snagged a bunch of Glossier skincare last spring, and somehow, let this gem collect dust, likely out of fear that it would break me out. I was so wrong; this stuff is amazing! It’s a super lightweight, water-gel formula, that immediately soaks into my skin. I use this morning and night before moisturizer and have definitely noticed more hydrated skin that doesn’t feel so tight. I will absolutely be repurchasing when I run out!
- Paula’s Choice RESIST Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator – Back in October, I took a quiz on the Paula’s Choice website, and on a whim, ordered a ton of skincare. I’d like to do a full review on all of those products later, but none were really standouts aside from this moisturizer. This moisturizer is thick and heavy, but absorbs into my skin quickly and layers nicely with SPF and makeup for daytime use. I think I’ve finally hit the jackpot when it comes to dealing with my dry skin this winter. *knocks on wood*
- The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina – As your resident Riverdale superfan, it should come as no surprise to you that I was beyond excited for this dark Sabrina reboot. Would you believe that my expectations were blown out of the water? The cast is beyond stellar (yeah, I’m a biased Austin & Ally loving, Ross Lynch fangirl, what of it?!), each episode is beautifully filmed, and the plot is the perfect mix of twisted and comical. Plus, it just has this underlying Disney vibe that I can never get enough of. I’m very much looking forward to the Christmas special that will be available for streaming Friday, December 14th!
- Daiya Homestyle Ranch Dressing – Taking doctor’s orders, I’ve started slowly incorporating more raw fruits and vegetables back into my diet, and feeling better for it! I’ve always loved carrots as a quick snack and I was having trouble navigating this void without ranch. Hello dairy free ranch! It’s no Hidden Valley, but it’s a great substitute.
- The Morning Toast Podcast – Okay, admittedly, this is an acquired taste. A coworker of mine obsessed over this podcast for months, and every time I’d try to listen, I’d get about five minutes into an episode and decide their voices were just a little too abrasive for the workplace. After some time, I caved, and now this show is a bright spot in my 9-5 life. It’s best described as a daily pop culture podcast, hosted by two hilarious sisters, and it takes both nothing and everything far too seriously. I often find myself laughing out loud, much to the shocked dismay of my desk mates, haha. Give it a listen or three, you won’t regret it!
- Peppermint Bark Oreos – These need no explanation. You’re welcome.
**This Magic Moment** My dad came up to visit Kyle and I for Thanksgiving, and the three of us had the best time eating a non-traditional Thanksgiving feast and hanging out. Nothing beats a relaxed holiday at home with people you love!
So yeah, that’s November narrowed down! I’m looking forward to sharing December favorites too. What are you loving right now?
xoxo The Chilling Adventures of Leigh Ann (in winter)
Leave a Reply