- Have you ever had a white Christmas? Indeed, I have! I grew up in Southern West Virginia, and experienced enough snow in my first ten years on this planet to last me a lifetime! I have super fond memories of sledding and making snow angels all day on Christmas Eve with my best friend! Also, now that I think about it, last year was a snowy Christmas too!
- Where do you usually spend your holiday? There is no ‘usually’ in my Christmas game. I’ve worked a ton of retail, my parents are divorced and have lived in different places, and my in-laws do not live in town. We kind of wing it for the holidays, and it gets stressful!
- What is your favorite Christmas song? This is a loaded question, because there are so many songs and albums that are essential to my holiday season, but I’d have to say that my favorite is “Santa Stole My Lady” by Fitz and The Tantrums.
- Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve? Depends on where we land for Christmas Eve. Traditionally, my mom and I give each other a new set of pajamas to sleep in on Christmas Eve, but trust me, those are nice to have any day!
- Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? *sings* Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid, and Donner and Blitzen, but do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all? Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer! So yes, yes I do.
- What holiday traditions are you looking forward to this year? I am most looking forward to putting up a tree! Last year, we went to Florida the week leading up to Christmas, and while that was beyond lovely, we didn’t put up a tree because of our mischievous fur babe running around unsupervised. Our little one foot tree on our dining room table just did not get me in the Christmas spirit.
- Is your Christmas tree real or fake? It’s fake. I’m all about a real tree, but I have a deeply rooted fear of real trees catching on fire, so fake it is! In comes Bath & Body Works Fresh Balsam to the rescue!
- What is your all time favorite holiday treat? I’m not tooting my own horn here, because it really wouldn’t matter who made them, but I think Oreo truffles are my year round favorite dessert. They’re even better at Christmas when I don’t feel so guilty about eating them!
- Be honest, do you like giving or receiving gifts better? The older I get, the more I like giving. I barely made it to November before I started wrapping gifts for my parents; I was just so excited. Don’t get me wrong, receiving is obviously fun too, but giving just gets better with age.
- What is the best Christmas present you ever received? Almost four years ago, I got a little Chuck for Christmas, and she is the gift that keeps on giving!
- What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season? Well, as I mentioned before, we visited Florida for Christmas last year, and it was awesome! Lights on palm trees is magical, and getting to view those poolside was truly a treat. There is something to value about a white Christmas, but when December 26th rolls around, I’ll choose Florida every time.
- Are you a pro present wrapper or do you hire out elf help? Just call me Buddy the Elf (apologies to everyone who has heard me say this multiple times already), because I am a PRO wrapper, and it is quite possibly my very favorite part of the gifting experience, haha. Also, I am very willing to help you get your gifts wrapped, do not fret!
- Most memorable Christmas moment? Obviously Chuck was very memorable, but since she is my favorite gift by a long shot, I’ll give the spotlight to a different memory here. Christmas of my senior year of high school, my mom walked into the kitchen where I was eating biscuits and said, “Holy crap, the neighbors are outside screaming at each other! It’s hilarious, come out here!” And when I walked into the driveway, my dad stood by a brand new car with a giant red bow on it (yes, like the commercials!). That was pretty wild, and good old Vivica served me well for nearly 12 years.
- What made you realize the truth about Santa? Hm, I think that we can all agree that Santa embodies the kind of magic that this world could use more of. There is so much darkness all around us, and yet, Santa is a bright ray of hope for so many, every year. So if the truth about Santa is that he’s the jolliest wizard out there, I think I’ve known for as long as I can remember.
- What makes the holidays special for you? Honestly, the best part of the holidays is that magic I just mentioned. It’s the best time of year to slow down and reflect on all the blessings in your life. The holidays make the cold days warmer, the cheesiest movies sweeter, and the love of family and friends deeper.
Next up, I challenge @modernbritches to post her own Christmas Tags! You can see @shutupcrystal’s Christmas tag and catch up on all of her Vlogmas fun here!
xoxo you’re it!
Leave a Reply