Can someone please shake me if I can’t at least write a monthly favorites post? Favorites are some of my favorites to consume and share, so here goes for October!
- MUSH pre-made overnight oats. Like most of my 2020 addictions, this one too comes from tiktok. I occasionally stumble upon this NYC yogi while scrolling, and she mentioned that when she’s busy on the go, she turns to MUSH for a quick breakfast. I set myself to ordering all of the good looking flavors from Whole Foods on Amazon, and let me say, they do not disappoint. And they’re just what you think: pre-made. You don’t have to add milk and wait. They’re done. Dairy free. Delicious. Maybe not the most healthy alternative to plain oats, but certainly tastier.
- The Haunting of Bly Manor. I don’t want to say too much here because, no spoilers, but if you’re into spooky, this series was both touching and scary. Victoria Pedretti (The Haunting of Hill House as Nell, You season 2 as Love) is insanely talented and manages to break my heart in every role that she plays. Cannot recommend this series enough. But, fair warning, I lost several nights of sleep over it, haha. BOO!
- Emily in Paris. So, the internet has mixed reviews, and I get it. Buuuuut, despite some very Disney-esque acting (which is to say, over acting) and a real lack of plot and character development, I loved the crap out of this show and hope it comes back for more seasons. It’s a testament to Lily Collins’ talent that she’s able to give us Emily Cooper in this cutesy show and Liz Kendall in Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile. Final verdict, this was a light and airy watch and I really enjoyed it!
- It Cosmetics Oil-Free Matte Full Coverage Moisturizer… wordy. I know, I know, if I’m working from home, why the heck am I wearing foundation? Well, 99% of the time, I’m definitely not, BUT, The Bachelorette is back. You know what that means? Yup, @shutupcrystal and I are back to our recapping shenanigans, so I used that “camera time” as an excuse to open up a new
foundationmoisturizer that my mom sent me right before the world shut down. Guys, game changer. This delivers literally everything I want in a foundation. Natural finish? Check. Full coverage? Check. SPF? Check. Dries down and doesn’t transfer without looking dry or caky? Check! Seriously, so good.
- Old Navy Breathe ON Jogger Pants. I’ve put on jeans like twice in the last seven months and my “nighttime sweatpants” are worse for wear after all these months of daytime use, so it’s no surprise that I’ve picked up some sweats here and there. I purchased a pair of these 30% off about a month ago and they are insanely good. They feel fleecy on the inside, but have a more structured athletic look on the outside. Long story short, I love them so much, I got a second pair at 50% off, and at $17.50, they were a mega steal. I am a sweatpants snob so like, trust me haha.
What are you loving this month? And seriously, what are you watching on Netflix? I need recs.
xoxo just a bunch of hocus pocus