December first, not in a foreign state, still always late, I’m not alone, but I wish I was home in DubV, baby. See what I did there? But seriously, happy December! We’re rounding the final chapter of 2020 and even though everything has changed, Blogmas remains the same. I’ll be here for the next 24 days, trying my best to spread some holiday cheer. I have lots of different content and exciting guest bloggers on the way, so stay tuned. Up first, The Christmas Tag!
- Favorite Christmas movie?
No question, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.
- Are you on the naughty list or the nice list this year?
I’m probably making an appearance on both lists, oops! Kindness was a huge priority of mine this year, and while I’ve definitely made huge strides toward a kinder heart and mind, sometimes anger gets the best of me. Also, if a sweet tooth lands you on the naughty list, I had no hope.
- Show us an embarrassing Christmas photo:
It’s not one of me, but whatever works. Sorry, Kyle!
- Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Yes, plenty! I wish for it every year and have been lucky to experience a handful of snowy holidays!
- Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until the last minute?
Dude, I start shopping in July. The thought of waiting until Black Friday, or even later would be wildly stressful for me.
- If you could be in any Christmas movie what would it be?
Hmm, probably Elf because it’s an excellent combination of warm, funny, and musical!
- Name all of Santa’s reindeer:
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and of course, little cutie Rudolph. No googling necessary, for the record.
- When does your family put up the Christmas tree and who decorates it?
We usually put the tree up sometime after Thanksgiving and we both decorate!
- Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Fake. I’d love to get real trees, but cats and trees are stressful enough without the added complexity of being potentially toxic if ingested.
- Peeking at gifts or surprises?
Don’t tell Kyle. Or my parents. Or anyone really. But, I’m rarely surprised by a gift, if you catch my drift. Sorry not sorry.
- Show us your ugly Christmas sweater if you have one.
Well, crap. Time to embarrass me too.
- If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone who would it be?
Justin Bieber. Kyle, of course!
- Does your family have a special holiday recipe you like to help make?
Not really. I typically end up making several batches of Oreo truffles throughout the holiday season. I would say that’s our most traditional treat.
- Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
You’ve never met anyone better at wrapping. I stand fiercely by that statement. If you want me to wrap for you, drop off your gifts. I got you!
- Have you ever gone Christmas caroling?
I haven’t, but I so wish that were different. Caroling looks like the best time!
- What tops your tree?
- Do you make New Year’s resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I do make resolutions and I try my best to stick to them. Like all goals though, resolutions tend to evolve throughout the year.
- You have been granted one Christmas wish… what will it be?
To see my family! This month makes a year since I’ve been home or seen my family in person. It’s absolutely breaking my heart, and has been since like February, but I know it’s best for now. Besides, I’m down for Christmas in July!
What are you looking forward to this holiday season?
@shutupcrystal, you’re IT!
xoxo Leigh Ann