It’s December! New month means old favorites, and I stumbled upon a bunch of goodness in November!
- Topping my list is Dash & Lily on Netflix. Full review to come, but for some context, this is a short and super sweet Christmas series on Netflix and I loved it. If you’re into romcoms and all things holiday, you will absolutely melt for this unique love story. It’s significant other approved too!
- We have cooked more at-home meals in 2020 than we did in the 7 years of our relationship leading up to it combined. Lots of meals are old standbys, but lately we’ve been venturing to the google machine to find some new meal ideas, and a few weeks ago a friend pointed me in the direction of this Honey Sriracha Chicken recipe. Not only was this dish super simple to make, but it was incredibly tasty! There’s no shortage of recipes where this came from either, click here to learn more about Kevin and Fit Men Cook.
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer. I grew up in the Edward vs. Jacob era and my obsession with Twilight will be lifelong. I’m so glad Stephenie moved on from whatever beef caused her to hold this story hostage because, oh my gosh, if you didn’t love Edward before, you definitely will now. If you’re in the dark and not a Twihard like myself, this is the Twilight story told from Edward’s perspective. I couldn’t put it down!
- Like the rest of the world, I was super pumped to try Rare Beauty and I immediately fell in love with the Soft Pinch Liquid Blush. I got the dewy shade Happy, and it’s awesome! The pigment is so intense that even with daily use, this tube would last me a year or more. I’ve played around with a few different applications, but my favorite is to put some on the back of my hand and blend onto my cheeks with a dense blush brush. The whole line is pretty affordable and I can’t wait to try more!
- Fall held out as long as it could, but it’s now pretty cold here in Ohio, and even when it’s not, it’s still super windy. I went on a long evening walk the other day in 35 degree weather, and my lips are definitely feeling the first signs of winter now. I’ve loved Glossier’s Balm Dotcom for years, but the Birthday scent/flavor is a game changer. It’s a little fancier than the other non-tinted options because it’s got some subtle glitter, but what really makes it stand out is that it tastes and smells so good. I highly recommend any of the scents for your winter skin, but am partial to Birthday, Mint, and Coconut.
What were you loving in the month of November? And my real question, what’s your Rare Beauty essential?
xoxo leigh ann