Happy Blogmas day 2! Getting a little festive with a Christmas tag! I’m tagging my partner in crime, but if you’re reading this, you’re it!
- When do you start getting excited for Christmas? Probably sometime in October. I love Halloween, but am known to purchase a Christmas gift or five before even the first jack o’lantern is lit.
- Is Christmas your favorite holiday? Oops, gave that right away, didn’t I? Halloween is my absolute favorite, but I’m no Grinch, Christmas is a close second. I think I still have more love for Christmas in my heart than the average adult, haha.
- Do you prefer to stay at home or travel for the holidays? Home is where my cat is, so home. And home regardless, I don’t travel well and it bums me out to get the place all decorated and cozy and then abandon it for the holidays. And leaving my house stresses me out. On and on and on.
- Be honest: do you prefer giving or receiving gifts? Giving. This transition was a long time coming, but dang, choosing, wrapping, and giving gifts is one of the greatest joys in life.
- Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve? Usually just one! Kyle and I get so excited about gifts, we usually can’t stand to wait. Growing up, my mom always let me open pjs on Christmas Eve 🙂
- Have you ever built a snowman? I have made many Olafs and Frosties in my day!
- Do you decorate the outside of your home for Christmas? Yes, usually! Why just usually? Ohio takes such an abrupt turn for winter’s worst this time of year, sometimes it’s just too cold outside and too cozy inside to bother. But, we usually do bother, and we always end up doing something a little different.
- Is your Christmas tree real or fake? It’s fake. This bugs me, but I’m all for not burning down the house, chopping down trees, and most notably, not inviting a rabid squirrel to run wild in my home. See what I did there?
- Most memorable holiday moment? Far too many to count! A few that stand out: making dozens of snow angels in my backyard with my best friend on the eve of y2k (lol), receiving my very first computer, sushi with my dad and two best friends in downtown Charleston on Christmas Eve, getting a freaking car (!!), and also being gifted my sweet little Chuck girl.
- What do you like to do over Christmas break? I don’t technically have a Christmas break, but Kyle and I are usually able to snag a few days off for the holidays and we spend them watching Netflix, hanging out with Chuck, spending time with family, and last year, doing a puzzle! Doubt I can convince Kyle to partake in that last one again.
- Which holiday traditions are you most looking forward to this year? Is it still a subtle hint if I say again that I’m looking forward to a puzzle? Lol. This year, I am really hopeful that we will get to see some family, which we weren’t able to do last year. I’m also looking forward to all the classic movies and some good food!
- Best Christmas gift you’ve ever received? My little Charlie! Also, this picture is telling of who I am as a person lol.
- What is your all-time favorite holiday treat? Hmm… so, I can’t eat dairy anymore, but previous to that, my mom makes an incredible eclair pie and also chocolate pecan pie, ughhhh. Now, I’ll usually try and whip up some dairy free Oreo truffles and they certainly hit the spot!
- Your favorite Christmas movie? Christmas Vacation, and that’ll never change.
- Your favorite Christmas song? This is a toughy, but I’m going to say, “Ho, Ho, Hopefully” by The Maine. It kind of hurts my heart to type that out because I love so many Christmas tunes, but that has to be my favorite year after year.
- What makes the holidays special for you? The holidays have always been special for me because it’s a cozy time of year to spend time with family and reflect on life’s blessings and the sacrifice that made them possible. Having spent eight holiday seasons in retail, I’m even more grateful now to slow down and really enjoy time with my loved ones.
- What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season? Hogwarts, duh. Fortunately, that dream was a reality a few years ago.
- Do you make New Year’s resolutions? Do you stick to them? Yes and no. Isn’t this everyone’s answer?
- You have been granted one Christmas wish, what will it be? A healthy holiday season!
- Who’s it? Crystal, and she vlogged decorating her apartment for Christmas today, check it out!
xoxo Leigh Ann
Leave a Reply