It’s that time again! November was filled with so many favorites, and since winter weather has settled in, it’s no surprise that I have lots of streaming gems. Let’s get into it!
- Wednesday on Netflix. Bold statement here, Wednesday was my favorite show of the year. Yes, it’s even topping Stranger Things. If you’re a fan of The Addams Family and bummed that spooky szn is over (check and check!), then this is the show for you. It follows Wednesday Addams (Jenna Ortega, who is fantastic in this role) on a hilariously gothic Nancy-Drew-esque adventure to solve the mystery behind a string of gruesome murders happening in the town of Jericho, just on the outskirts of Nevermore Academy, the school for outcasts. Funny, spooky, and fabulously acted, Wednesday is worth a watch, and a rewatch too!
- Blockbuster on Netflix. Sound like a blast from the past? Well, it’s not exactly. Join Timmy (Randall Park) as he navigates managing the last Blockbuster on earth. Creator of Superstore, Vanessa Ramos, brings to Netflix all the things we loved about Cloud 9 – a ragtag group of misfits enduring the never-ending woes of retail in a failing economy, a will-they-won’t-they budding romance, and nonstop laughs. I flew threw this series and will hit rewind (see what I did there?) until it’s renewed for a second season!
- Down to Earth with Zac Efron on Netflix. The one and only Troy Bolton is back for a second season of earth improving travels, and it’s another can’t miss watch on Netflix. If you missed the first season, here’s the deal: Zac and his good friend Darin Olien travel the world to learn what other places are doing to conserve this beautiful planet we call home. From France’s state of the art tap water system to the science (and diet) behind the city with the most centenarians, this show will have you ditching your single use plastics and decreasing your carbon footprint as quick as you can say, “We’re all in this together!”
- The Sex Lives of College Girls on HBO Max. I think the name of this show keeps me from talking about how fantastic it is, but trust me: it is fantastic. From the minds of Mindy Kaling (a real and true legend) and Justin Noble, this laugh until you cry comedy follows four very different roommates as they navigate college, friendships, the problems associated with all levels of family wealth, and yeah, sexuality. You will fall in love with the entire cast, and I highly suggest you catch up on season one so you can binge season two, new episodes available on Thursdays!
- Dancing with the Stars on Disney+. So, this isn’t technically a November favorite, but the most recent season did wrap up in November, and it has been my favorite season of all time! I’m constantly in my feels when it comes to dance shows, but the cast and pros of season 32 pulled at my heartstrings in every single episode. It felt like an honor to see the technical improvement and emotional connections build week over week. If you find yourself with some downtime this holiday season, give this fun and festive dance party a watch!
What have you been watching and loving?
Currently listening to: “Christmas Lights” by Yellowcard
xoxo Jolly Watching!