Guys, I’m feeling like a million bucks today, sort of. I woke up feeling super nauseous (not uncommon for my stomach, not pregnant). Despite feeling barfy, I got up, worked out, and cleaned the house like a lunatic with Kyle. I can officially say after four years and two weeks of owning this house, (why do I know this? 🤷🏼♀️) today it looks the best it ever has.
Anyway, enough of that. What I’m getting at is all the cliche normal things. Blank slate. 1 of 365 opportunities. New year, new me. You’ve heard it all, but I do have goals, and I’m hoping to approach (you’re welcome for not saying ‘crush’) them differently than I have in the past.
So what’s 2019 look like in my mind?
1. I want to read more. I said this last year too, and I absolutely stuck to it. My goal for 2018 was 12 books, and I didn’t quite make it; I read 10 and have 2 in the mix that I’m about 2/3 through. This year I’m hoping to get through 15, starting today. Do you have any recommendations? I can tell you this much, I loved the To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before trilogy, and I was really not a fan of Girl, Wash Your Face, like couldn’t even get through it.
2. I‘ve gotta take care of myself. This has been a mostly unreached resolution of mine yearly, and on the precipice of my 30th birthday, with all these random food allergies suddenly arising, it seems more imperative than ever. This goal kind of has subgoals, so here we go:
- Eat healthier. Due to all my food issues in 2018, I’ve tackled this in some ways and really failed in others. I spent some time yesterday morning planning out some DF and GF breakfasts, and I’m really hoping to fine tune and expand my food vocabulary this year, so to speak. Wish me luck!
- Work out regularly. Not to constantly use my stomach as an excuse, but when I’m not fueled properly, and I arguably haven’t been in a year or so, the last thing I want to do is work out. That changes in 2019, today even. I’m going to work out on my terms, which for me right now, is at home using Beachbody, and that’s okay.
- Drink more water. Guys. I just have to. Someone hold me accountable. Help. My skin and myself look and feel so much better when I do this.
- Get more rest. We all know I’m a bad sleeper. That’s not really going to change, but I need to get my butt into bed earlier.
- Stop picking my face. Sounds gross. Is gross. I have to stop. I’ve finally got a medication and skincare routine that’s got my skin pretty in check, so I’m the only thing standing in the way of my face and nice skin. It’s also worth noting that my skin also gives me major confidence issues, so like, I gotta stop!
3. Get my faith in check. 2018 really saw a lot of growth for this blog and its Instagram, but it also saw a major decline in my spiritual well being, which negatively bleeds into all other aspects of my life. I’m working to teach myself balance and get back in tune with my beliefs. I’m definitely not here to shove anything down anyone’s throat, but sometimes for me, the root of my problems can simply go back to not being right with my faith.
4. Be a wiser spender. I’m here to tell you that you can simultaneously be a great saver, and a dumb spender, because I am both of these things. I save really responsibly, and I even spend responsibly, but not wisely. Meaning, I spend way within my means, but not always on practical things. 2019, that changes. My closet and my wallet will thank me.
5. I want to visit home more. Here’s the thing, I only live like 3 hours from home. And while I don’t think 12 visits a year (monthly) is necessarily possible because of work, weather, traveling, needing rest, etc., I can do way better than the 4 or 5 visits I have been making. One thing I’ve done to aid me in this goal is to create a cosmetic bag that lives at home. Packing is one of my biggest obstacles for all travel, (it gives me wild, irrational panic) and I don’t want to let it get in the way anymore. Family and home really helps my head and heart, and I’m looking forward to spending more time there in 2019.
So yeah, 2018 was rocky, and to it I say, thank u, next.
What are some of your 2019 goals?
xoxo still laughing at me