Hey hey, after Blogmas, it feels like it’s been a century since I’ve posted. Apologies! The past couple of weeks at work have been kind of wacky, but that’s not going to stop me from sharing my absolute favorites from 2018 (some of which secured their prize winning spot as late as December, so I’m skipping over December favs!).
Overall, I have a favorite ingredient when it comes to skincare, and you will not be surprised to know that it’s hyaluronic acid, featured in all my favorite skincare products of 2018:
- Glossier’s Super Bounce – tight, flaky skin no more!
- Cetaphil Daily Hydrating Lotion – a super light gel moisturizer that actually does what it’s supposed to!
- Replenix Restorative Nighttime Biotherapy – the only way my face survives the Winter months (which are apparently, most of the months)
And for the record, I think these products have major benefits even if you don’t have skin as dry as the desert!
- Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer – smells great, affordable, and has expanded its color selection!
- Tarte Creaseless Under Eye Concealer (this stuff is no joke) – an honestly ‘greasy’ formula that does not crease (amazing!!) and is cheaper than Shape Tape.
- NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation – maybe a holy grail, natural finish, great coverage, a little goes a long way!
Hands down, To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. Lana Condor and Noah Centineo are absolute dreams in this movie, which I have seriously watched probably 30 times since its release.
- (no surprise here) To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before– Jenny Han
- Public Relations– Katie Heaney & Arianna Rebolini (if you are a romcom fan, you will love this!)
- The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina – I’ve mentioned this a ton, but it. is. so. good. And dark. And funny. And touching. Don’t sleep on this magical show!
- Gossip Girl – I know what you’re thinking, where have I been the past decade? And the answer is, I have no idea! I read all the books, but this is a rare scenario in which the tv show is better. I just finished the series last night and bawled my eyes out as I watched my favorite Upper East Siders conclude their wildly dramatic journeys.
Album: The Good Parts – Andy Grammer
Song: “I Like Me Better” – Lauv (P.S. this song is in TATB, and this video will make you cry)
New Listen: The Band Camino
Concert: Everything I saw in 2018 was stellar, but in no particular order… Taylor Swift, Maroon 5, Andy Grammer, Hanson, Ben Rector
- Shut up, Crystal – my hilarious, witty, firecracker best friend
- leigh ann says – a Leigh Ann I aspire to be more like
- Kathleen Lights – the most gorgeous beauty guru
Speaking of 2018 favs and youtube channels tho.. check out this:
Thing I learned about myself?
2018 was kind of a doozy. I learned a lot. My favorite thing I learned about myself is that I can truly (not just say it, but actually feel it) be happy for the successes of others. Am I saying I never get jealous? Absolutely not. But the dream job, the promotion, the new car, the something that you did that everyone loved… I can feel genuine happiness for that, and I do. Every year the list of accomplishments of my loved ones grows!
What are some of your 2018 all-time favorites? Particularly interested in the beauty and music departments. In the meantime, I’ll be enjoying this gorgeous snow day!
xoxo (I loooove) Gossip Girl
Leave a Reply