What do ya know? It’s Thursday and I’m posting like I said I would! We’re too far gone to pretend that I can sneak a January favorites in here, but I also don’t want to wait a few weeks to talk February, so here I am with some current favorites!
First things first, Beauty!
I got some new products for Christmas and a couple of Ulta gift cards, so I went to town on trying a few things and skincare took home more trophies than makeup this time around.
- Sephora Watermelon Cleansing Wipes – I wanted to give these a try in place of my usual go-to (Yes to Cucumbers) because I was a little bored with my routine and the promise of watermelon scent enticed me. Let me just say, you get more bang for your buck out of these in comparison to drugstore dupes. They cost about two dollars more than I typically pay at the drugstore, but they work about 5 dollars better, in my opinion, so I’m diggin’ it. They smell great, remove way more makeup than any other wipe I’ve ever tried, and the packaging is cute, so what’s not to love?
- Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Eye Cream – I picked up this magic in a tub at Ulta after running out of my Paula’s Choice eye cream and there may be no turning back. I’m a huge believer in the powers of hyaluronic acid and this is the only eye cream I’ve ever tried that hasn’t irritated/burned my under eyes ever. My only complaint is that you get a ton of product, but it only has a six month life after opening, so if you don’t want a lot of wasted product, sharing is caring.
It’s still winter, and by my standards, that means it’s still Netflix season. I’ve hit Netflix hard over the past couple of weekends (had my annual winter cold followed by a 30 hour migraine last weekend, good times). I’ve still got a few recommendations to get through before warmer weather is upon us, but in the meantime, I’d like to share what I’ve loved recently!
- Zumbo’s Just Desserts – Jason, if you’re reading this, thank you so much for this recommendation because Kyle and I loved it! If you like baking competition meets art meets Australian accents, then you’ve come to the right place. Judged by Australia’s most renowned (and artful) baker, Adriano Zumbo, watch incredibly talented amateur bakers take on wild dessert challenges. If a baker lands in the bottom two, watch out! They’re fighting to stay in the competition by skillfully executing one of Zumbo’s mesmerizingly intricate desserts in a Zumbo Challenge.
- Abducted in Plain Sight – I was really on the fence about whether to call this a favorite or not, because the content is nothing to write home about. It’s terrifying and heartbreaking… and jawdroppingly strange. But, if you want to be in on what everyone’s chatting about, you’ll clear an hour and a half of your schedule to watch this train wreck unfold. I don’t want to give away much more than that!
- The Final Table – Turns out, I really love cooking shows, and this one is super unique and awesome. 24 incredibly talented chefs from all over the world pair into 12 teams and duke it out to create a chosen country’s signature dish in each episode. Not unlike Just Desserts, the bottom three competitors are challenged to cook for the featured country’s most respected chef, predominantly using a culturally specific ingredient. Very cool!
Do you ever feel like the thing you might need to get you back into reading is just something you can get through quickly? I was strolling through Target and saw something that caught my eye: Riverdale the Day Before, a prequel by Micol Ostow. As your resident Riverdale fangirl, I couldn’t pass this up, and it was quite the enjoyable little read. It basically gives us a person by person recount of the days leading up to the ever fateful July 4th, when Jason Blossom disappeared, and it is seriously cool if you love the core four as much as I do.
I’ve got a couple of trips coming up and I really want to feel better and be in better shape, so I’ve been using (borrowing) Beachbody on Demand for about a week and it is so fun! I started with A Little Obsessed (because I’m a lot obsessed with Autumn Calabrese) and it is kicking my butt. In the best way!
Guys, @shutupcrystal and I are almost through three entire seasons of The Bachelor related recaps and we had such a big show up for our most recent video. I super love collaborating with her on any/everything and these recaps are something silly that I look forward to and a major Monday motivator. If you’re not caught up with us, head over to her youtube channel or see our most recent vid here:
**This Magic Moment** I’ve been to a ton of awesome live performances in the past month and it has been awesome. We saw DWTS live and I can confirm that everyone is just as hot in person. We saw The Band Camino (a newish favorite of mine) at a small venue on a super snowy night and my gosh, they did not disappoint! And a couple Fridays ago we went to see Coin at Newport, and it was an incredible show. As a cherry on top, we celebrated a joint bachelor/bachelorette party with my brother (and soon to be sister!!) in law over the weekend and went to a really cool place called Board & Brush where we all made custom signs. Guess Jan and Feb weren’t that bad after all!
What are you loving?
xoxo loving with leigh ann