Hi guys! Reporting from the sunny shores of Juno Beach, Florida! (Well, sort of. I’m by a pool, but you get the idea 🧜♀️) I want to say it just slipped my mind to blog Sunday, but it was more deliberate. Why? Because life is crazy stressful and I’m. On. Vacation. Yes! You read that right. The first true vacation we’ve been on in nearly a year and a half and I’m really enjoying relaxing. That being said, did I post April favorites? Did I not? I don’t know, but what I do know is that both April and May brought a ton of favorites in beauty that I wanted to share, so let’s get into it!
1. Thayers Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Formula in Cucumber. Pickle lovers, unite, because this stuff has more of a pickle scent than a cucumber melon scent and weirdly, I am living for it! I can’t live without toner, and I’m surprised I waited so long to try this cult favorite. Typically, witch hazel can leave my dry skin feeling thirsty, but the aloe vera formula is great for sensitive skin. You can get the large bottles at Target and Ulta!
2. Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Hydrating Foundation Stick. I love Justin Bieber, therefore, I love Hailey Bieber. So yeah, I was first in line to try this dry skin friendly foundation stick once she became the face of it. Long time Bare Minerals fan, this foundation did not disappoint. I would say it’s light/medium coverage with a “my skin but better” vibe when paired with a good concealer. It’s a dry skinned girl’s dream!
3. Glossier Super Pure Serum. I was recently gifted all three of the new, improved and much bigger supers from Glossier, and hot dang. You all know I’m a huge fan of Super Bounce, but Super Pure does wonders for calming down my acne and rosacea prone skin. The best part? The size has doubled and the price stayed. the. same. Glossier, you rock! 🙌
4. Colourpop Yes, Please! Eyeshadow Palette. I recently visited my very fair skinned, very fair haired best friend who sometimes rocks bright yellow eyeshadow. You’re probably thinking that sounds crazy, and I would be too, except, I’ve seen it myself, and it’s gorgeous. Hers is a single from MAC, the name of which escapes me, but I stumbled upon this Colourpop palette in Ulta and picked it up. It’s buttery, bright perfection and I encourage all of us to ditch the magic marker eyebrows for sunshine yellow eyelids ASAP. I should also mention there are tons of other great colors in the palette in addition to the fun yellow!
5. Clinique Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel. An oldie but a goodie, this stuff has been saving me from major breakouts for well over a decade. It’s so baked into my beauty routine that I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned it until now. Feel a zit coming on at bedtime? Dab a little bit of this on the problem spot and wake up with no zit. A little tube of this goes a long way!
What are you all loving in beauty right now? I’m still trying to lock down an awesome skincare routine, so share some tips if you have them!
xoxo aspiring mermaid