Welcome, hi, hello. This cute little game has been floating around the Blogmasphere and I’m excited to participate! Is this like regular tag where someone has to tag you? In that case, you’ll be happy to know that the Ke$ha Rose tagged me! Lol, jk, I have no internet friends, but my alter ego really did tag me and in return, I’m tagging Crystal to continue the fun on Vlogmas… (Let’s hope she tags A Story Told next….) AND my sweet coworker, Brittany!
Let’s get into some holiday fun!
- Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve? Yes! Every Christmas Eve, my mom gives me Christmas pajamas to open. I started returning the favor the second I got a job, and I’ve extended that tradition to my husband. It was always particularly hilarious when my mom couldn’t remember what box they were in, so I’ve taken to doing this:
- Is your Christmas tree real or fake? Sadly, it’s fake. Even more sadly, this year it’s really small. Growing up, we always had real trees, but my dad would constantly stress the danger of them. I’m not responsible enough to keep one from combusting, so we typically have a giant fake tree. This year we’re traveling, and our fur child can’t be trusted with decreased supervision, so.. we’re rocking this teeny tiny tinsel tree this year (pictured with the Christmas tree ruiner):
- What is your favorite holiday food or treat? I’m all about every Christmas baked good possible. I do not discriminate. The fact that you’ve baked regular chocolate chip cookies in December makes them Christmas cookies to me, and I approve.
- What is your favorite Christmas scent? BALSAM. Dude, if you can’t have a real tree, at least bring the smell of real tree to your home. That scent is an absolute must have for my holiday spirit!
- What’s your favorite Christmas film? My all time favorite is National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, but I’ll give you the skinny on some other great ones here.
- When do you get excited for Christmas? July.
- Be honest, giving gifts or receiving gifts? As a child, clearly receiving. As an adult, giving, big time. It’s funny how everyone goes through this transition.
- Where do you spend Christmas? Goodness, the past few years it’s been all over the place. My parents are divorced, my in-laws split time between up north and down south, and my husband and I are are smack dab in the middle, so we try to spread out the love. This year we’re spending some time with his parents right before Christmas and then meeting my dad here at home for the holiday weekend 🙂
- What is your dream holiday vacation? Hopefully the one I’m about to take! I don’t want to give too much away, but pictures and posts will follow ;). Here’s a little hint:
- What’s the best part about Christmas for you? I just love everything about it. I love the movies, the music, the magic. I love alliteration. But really, it’s a cozy, sparkly time of year and I SO look forward to spending it with friends and family. Then it’s over and the lights come down and I lose the will to smile until about April, but that’s neither here nor there, haha.
Tag, you’re it! Seriously, if you feel motivated to accept this tag, let me know so I can read your answers.
xoxo holly jolly leigh ann