Hey! Nope, you’re not seeing a ghost, it’s me, I’m back! Listen, I know I’ve neglected this space (and maybe changes are on the horizon), but I’m nothing if not a stickler for tradition, so BOO! I’m back with 13 days of Blogoween, and I hope you’ll join me for some spooky fun.
Fall is my favorite time of year. More specifically, #spookyszn. Why? I could list a billion reasons, but top of mind are: it’s cooling down but not cold yet, it’s so colorful outside, Halloween movies are the best, and DUH, it’s a great excuse to pretend to be someone else for an evening and eat way too much candy!
Sadly, autumn is short-lived. I’m no dummy, winter is fast approaching. So, in the ghostly spirit of doing as many #fallingforfall things as possible before a season of snow, I give you my autumn bucket list!
- Read a spooky book! I love horror, but I also let it keep me up at night for weeks on end, so the key describer here is spooky, not scary. My typical book genre is comedy, so this is out of my comfort zone, but I’m equipped with a list of options from my book-loving besties, and I’ll be sure to share what I end up choosing and write up a little review! Let me know some of your beloved spooky books in the comments!
- “Bake” two new fall treats. Maybe not the most conventional stance, but to me, Halloween is the start of the holiday season, so it seems only appropriate that I would start exploring some dairy-free, fall inspired desserts! First up are rice crispy treats made with pumpkin spice marshmallows (no baking required), but bake two is a wild card. Send me all your fun DF recipes please!
- Enjoy a day at the pumpkin patch. Call me basic, but going to the pumpkin patch is a yearly tradition in our house, and we both enjoy it! A few years ago, we found one close by that seems to be a well-kept secret. In addition to acres of pumpkins, there’s also a lovely little farmer’s market with local produce and fun candy and sodas. Also, I’m going to take this opportunity to say out loud: just because everyone loves to do something doesn’t make it lame. Catch me wearing plaid, at the pumpkin patch, potentially drinking a PSL. What of it?
- Binge all of the Halloween movies and episodes. I have an ever-growing list of Halloween must-watches, so the earlier I start watching, the better! I’ll spare you a fourth year of reblogging, but if you need some Halloween movie inspiration, check out these for family friendly spooks, these for an actual scare, and if you’re pressed for time and enjoy your haunts in 20 minute segments of beloved tv shows, check out these.
- Take some pumpkin carving risks! Kyle and I always carve pumpkins, and traditionally, Kyle chooses something really intricate while I play it safe with a typical jack-o-lantern. Not this year! We’ll be sure to share our pumpkins once they’re carved! Here are last year’s:
- Plan a fun costume! Usually, I handle costumes solo, but Kyle and I have had so much fun with couple’s costumes the last few years. Here’s one of my favorites. Any guesses on which power couple we’ll be dressing up as this year? I’d give you a hint, but there aren’t any subtle enough to maintain an air of mystery.
- Enjoy the best chapter of the great outdoors! Idk about you guys, but every change of seasons puts me in a funk. I just transitioned into a new role at work, and that coupled with the weather cooling down has had a drastic effect on my motivation. (Lol, the past 20 months have had an effect on my motivation, but this is about fall.) I’m committed to getting out for some walks and porch sitting and whatever else through these last few weeks of beautiful weather.
- Share 13 days of fun content with you!
I’m so happy to be back! I hope you’ll read along and enjoy. While I’m at it, Crystal and I are still recapping all things The Bachelor on her youtube channel, so look out for us every Tuesday night as Michelle embarks on her journey to find love, and on the off days, I’ll be here. What are you looking forward to this fall?
xoxo My Spooky Return